Wednesday 29 August 2012

I Feared I Was Pregnant

As Russian Tennis Star Cruises In US Open First Round


Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has said feared she was pregnant when she contracted a stomach bug earlier this month.

Sharapova withdrew from the Canadian Open with the illness, shortly after losing the Olympic women’s singles final 6-0, 6-1 to Serena Williams on August 4.

The pain from the illness encouraged Sharapova to seek a blood test, as well as an ultrasound scan, commonly used to examine pregnant women.

“It was really weird. They told me I was fine, not pregnant. I’m like, ‘Can I get my money back?,’” she said on the U.S. Open website Monday.

Sharapova’s response was “dramatic”, she admitted.

The Russian is engaged to former NBA basketball player Sasha Vujacic, but the pair have yet to announce a date for the wedding.

Sharapova’s U.S. Open campaign started with a straightforward 6-2, 6-2 win over Melinda Czink of Hungary on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment