Tuesday 16 October 2012

Cazorla: Iniesta Is My Role Model

Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla says fellow Spain international Andres Iniesta is a complete footballer who he aspires to emulate.

Cazorla is playing in his first season in the Premier League and has been impressive so far for the Gunners.
The 27-year-old, who moved from Malaga in the close season, regards Iniesta as a role model.

"Iniesta is the standard against which I measure myself. Playing by his side is something else. He's a total footballer in every sense," Cazorla told Marca.

"I try to copy the things he does, but it's very difficult. The problem is that when he does them he makes them look easy, but then you try it and you get all tangled up. Andres is a role model on and off the pitch."

Cazorla also spoke about how the transition from Malaga to the Gunners has been made easier because both teams have similar playing styles.

He added: "I've adapted to my new team really well. The change hasn't been as drastic as you might think. The football is quicker and more intense, but I wasn't shocked by that.

"Plus I've joined a team, Arsenal, whose playing style is very similar to the one at Malaga."

No comments:

Post a Comment