Tuesday 16 October 2012

Given Gutted - Guzan Delighted!

The Express & Star carry a small quote from Villa keeper Shay Given.

As you would expect, the shot stopper, who recently retired from international action with The Republic Of Ireland to help lengthen his Club career is gutted to have lost his place to Brad Guzan but says he will keep his head down and work hard to re-gain the starting spot.

Given was dropped after the 3-1 home game capitulation v Everton and hasn`t had a look in league wise since.



He was used in the League Cup win over City and maybe that is where his hopes, for now, will lie?

The 36-year-old has played 462 league games and says it is important for him not to get frustrated and let things boil over.

'For me it`s important that I keep my head down and work hard every day. I am gutted that I am not playing in the team, that`s natural, and hopefully if I work hard I`ll get back in the side. He (the manager) is not scared to leave people out, including me."

Our latest poll asks which player you`d have as first choice?

Guzan home kit

Meanwhile: By Paul Brown.... Brad Guzan insists coming into training every morning is a joy, thanks to the environment created by Paul Lambert. Guzan says the manager respects his squad and the feeling is mutual. Villa's USA goalkeeper says the dialogue between boss and players is brilliant and has created an amazing working relationship. Guzan says there's been real clarity from Lambert in that dialogue in terms of what he wants and expects from everyone each day. See:
www.avfc.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment