Wednesday 29 August 2012

Victor Moses Grabs Ballacks Jersey No 13

New Chelsea signing Victor Moses will don No.13, last worn at the club by ex-Germany captain Michael Ballack and may make his Blues' debut in Friday's UEFA Super Cup match against Athletico Madrid of Spain in Monaco.

Meanwhile Moses has expressed his gratitude to former club Wigan and particularly manager Roberto Martinez.

The young forward finally completed his move to Chelsea last week after being chased by the Blues throughout the summer transfer window.

The Latics had been keen to hold onto the talented 21-year-old and refused to let him go to Stamford Bridge for less than their reported £9million valuation.

Moses spent two years at the DW Stadium after arriving from Crystal Palace in 2010 and admits he owes a lot to the club.

He said in a statement: "I'd like to put on record my sincere thanks to everyone at Wigan Athletic for the tremendous support they showed me during my time there.

"I'd like to thank the chairman, Dave Whelan, and all of the staff at Wigan for giving me the chance to play in the Premier League.

"In particular, I'd like to thank the manager, Roberto Martinez, who has been a major influence on my career up to this point, as well as the Wigan fans - who were always great with me."

The Nigeria international is looking forward to getting started at Stamford Bridge after becoming the latest in a host of attacking midfielder options at manager Roberto Di Matteo's disposal.

He added: "Following the successful conclusion of my transfer to Chelsea I'm now looking forward to getting started with my new team mates and can't wait to make my debut.

"I'm very ambitious and to be joining a club with the history of Chelsea, the current European champions, is a dream come true for me.

"The team have had a great start to the new season and I'm looking forward to playing my part in continuing our good form in the coming weeks and months.

"I'm now really excited about the challenges ahead at Chelsea and look forward to a long and successful career at Stamford Bridge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment