Friday 19 October 2012

Ik Uche: I'm Not Thinking About 2013 Nations Cup

Super Eagles striker,Ikechukwu Uche says club football is the priority for him now after helping Nigeria qualify for next year's Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

 Uche returned to his Spanish Segunda Liga side,Villarreal on Wednesday and was part of the team's training session yesterday ahead of this weekend's clash against one of his former clubs in Spain,Recreativo Huelva.The Nigerian told the club's official website hs focus is on the game against Recreativo Huelva and the club and not next month's African cup in South Africa.

''I'm not thinking about the Africa Cup of Nations for now.I think only about Villarealand give my 100% to the club as we fight to return to the Primera Liga.We will see what happens when the time for the Africa Cup of Nations comes and I get the invite from the coach (Stephen Keshi).Right now I am just thinking about playing well for the club'',he said.

 Uche also admits playing against Recreativo Huelva this weekend is special to him albeit he says he and his teammates will play for a win.

 'It is going to be a special feeling for me when I play against Recreativo Huelva.It is one of my former clubs and I always remember that whatever I have become today is partly due to the training I received while I was playing for the club'',he said. from cmp sports

No comments:

Post a Comment