Friday 19 October 2012

Kanu: Eagles Can Win Nations Cup

Former Super Eagles captain, Nwankwo Kanu says he has strong belief that the senior national team can win the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa but was quick to advice coach Stephen Keshi to prepare very well.

The former Inter Milan of Italy striker who was at the U.J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar last Saturday to support the Super Eagles beat the Lone Star of Liberia 6-1 to qualify for the Nations Cup, said he was impressed with the result.

“It was a good result and we need to maintain it because I have seen some talented players in the team and I am sure that with time, this team will be great in Africa,” says Kanu.

“Going by what the coach, I mean Stephen Keshi has done so far, we have a team that can win the Nations Cup. All we need to do is to make sure that we prepare very well for the Nations Cup.

While praising the senior national team for erasing the memory of missing out from the last edition of the Nations Cup, he said he will continue to support the team.

“I have been there before and I did my best for the country.

I got all the support I needed and now that I am not playing again, I will do my best to support the team.
Kanu said the Super Eagles should also have it at the back of their mind that Nigerian will be waiting to receive the Nations Cup trophy.

It would be recalled that the former Arsenal FC of England striker was part of the country’s Atlanta ‘96 Olympic Games winning team in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment