Friday 14 September 2012

Walton and Humphreys In Frame To Face Cherries

Hartlepool United duo Simon Walton and Ritchie Humphreys are in contention to face Bournemouth at Dean Court tomorrow.

Both impressed manager Neale Cooper during a midweek reserve match and are now pushing for first time slots. Humphreys is yet to feature for the first team this season while Walton was dropped in favour of Paul Murray after a disappointing start to the season.

''I was at the reserve game during the week and Simon and Ritchie both played well and were the only two positives really.'' he told the Mail.

''Simon looks a lot sharper and fitter, which he had to be, and I've told him that. He's worked really hard since I've brought Paul back.

''That's what I want - a reaction from boys - and to get the best out of Simon I thought he had to be a bit fitter. But he's in the squad and we could use him this weekend.

''We'll have to think about what we'll do.''

No comments:

Post a Comment