Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ronaldo: I Would Vote For Myself If I Could



Cristiano Ronaldo believes he deserves the  2012 Ballon d’Or award as the Best Player In The World, to such a degree that he said, “I would vote for myself if I could”.

The rulebook states that he can’t, but Ronaldo laid his opinions out in an interview that covered his rivalry with Leo Messi, his relationship with Mourinho, his alleged individual streak and even the rumours surrounding a future move to PSG. “I am the way I am, and I like it”, said the Portuguese, who also talked about Leo Messi.

“People constantly compare us. The newspapers and the TV stations seem convinced that it’s a subject that sells. But to tell the truth, I’m getting a bit bored of all that”, he said.

When asked about his personality on and off the pitch, he was very frank: “Too much humility isn’t good. In Portugal, when people talk about being humble then they’re really being vain”.

“I play because of my passion for the ball, for my love of the shirts I wear. If I did it for money, then I’m sure I’d be at another club”, said Ronaldo, who wasn’t scared to talk about some controversial issues: “I’m very hot blooded and passionate. Sometimes I end up saying things that I don’t really think”.

“All players like teams such as PSG, Chelsea or Manchester to want to sign them. But that’s something I’m not considering at the moment”, concludes the Real Madrid player.

No comments:

Post a Comment